Fallout 4 - 3D Vision Fix
by mike_ar69 and DHR
** 29 Nov 2015 - v2
- Fixed a few shader errors for reflections
- Removed the Power Armour HUD correction. This was playing havoc with several game elements: decals, bottles, lamps, test tubes, lighting shining through walls, reflections on glass.
Fallout 4 fix which addresses:
- most reflections
- water rendering
- moon/stars/clouds etc
- Right Mouse button makes convergence 5, and makes sniper scope work properly
- Convergence toggle (on the "[" key) for first and third person views (28 and 40 respectively)
- HUD can not be properly fixed, it all breaks up when trying to adjust depth, and screws up lots of world elements, so its a compromise.
- Recommend turning in game cross-hair and in game markers OFF. Unfortunately Nvidia cross-air does not work properly in this game.
0. Start the game and setup your graphical preferences (low, medium, high etc), then close the game down
1. Download this file.
2. Extract the files into the Fallout4.exe directory
4. Open up the Fallout4Prefs.ini file found in "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Fallout4"
5. Set the following
6. Save the file and then set it to Readonly
7. Open NVidia Control Panel and in the 3D Settings part, find Fallout 4 in the dropdown and set Vsync = ON
- The purpose of this is to resolve an issue of getting stuck at terminals
- If you don't have this issue, and the game runs better with VSync off, then try that
8. Play the game. It might take a minute to load first time while shaders get compiled and cached.